Monday, April 4, 2011

Watch the cycles fade,,,, continued

I don't want to short change the DPO tool.  I have not examined its potential fully.  We should be able to take the points shown as detrended and calculate the amplitude of a cycle.  If I have cycles nesting (topping/bottoming together) and add up the detrended points I should be able to estimate the top or bottom point.  Now I have not back tested this and it is a theory only. 

Let me show you what I mean:

From this you see we are at or near an estimated top (may have already seen the top).   Also, the estimated top (subject to change) in late May should be a lower top by 10-15 points.  If you have the time and desire to play with this maybe we can maximize the use and benefit of this tool.  I would welcome the help and feedback. 

GL traders

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting........do you have this chart posted at stockcharts so that it can be collaborated on ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. To post a chart at StockChart you have to subscribe to their paid service. So the answer is no I don't.

    But feel free to copy to paint or other local image tool on your PC (it is how I handle StockChart charts). If you have things to post you could upload to a site like tinypics and I can transfer it to the blog.

    ReplyDelete